Standard is a dynamic format where you build decks and play using cards in your collection from recently released Magic sets. Evolving gameplay and fresh strategies make it one of the most fun and popular ways to play Magic.
You can solely and exclusively use the following sets for your Standard deck:
- Battle for Zendikar
- Oath of the Gatewatch
- Shadows over Innistrad
- Eldritch Moon
- Aether Revolt
In addition to that, please consider that the following cards are banned from the Standard Format and can’t be used to build your decks:
- Aetherworks Marvel
- Emrakul, the Promised End
- Reflector Mage
- Smuggler’s Copter
- Felidar Guardian
There are some additional rules for Standard Format tournaments:
- Your deck must be at least 60 cards;
- If you plan to use a sideboard, please remember that it may contain up to fifteen cards;
- You can Include no more than four copies of any individual card in your main deck and sideboard combined (except basic lands);
- You use as many cards as you want in your deck, as long as you can shuffle it in your hands unassisted.
If you want more details, please refer to this article.